I told some people that I would post this today on my blog since it looked and tasted so delicious! Most of you know that I started Crossfit after Thanksgiving and since then I have completely LOVED it! I still enjoy running, but this seriously gives me a high everytime I walk in and keeps making me want to come back.
I have since more results with this workout then I ever did with running. (Not that running is a bad thing). Crossfit includes TONS of cardio, but I love feeling strong in myself and my abilities!
Anyways, after I started cross fit, they kept talking about the Paleo way of eating. I just ignored it until I started lifting more and doing more reps in my workouts and my body kept feeling tired. So, I looked into this way of eating and low and behold this is what my body was missing. I started eating Paleo about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I already feel better. I can see very few results yet with loosing weight or anything along those lines, but it is hard to see some things after only eating a certain way 2 1/2 weeks.
I have found some delicious recipes from lots of people and websites and this recipe below is one that my husband made! It is so yummy and really hits that sweet tooth that I have but do not want to stuff myself with tons of valentine candy that is out right now! Check it out, try it and tell me what you think!
This website came from http://paleomg.com/double-layer-fudge/. She has tons of great Paleo recipes on her site that are so delicious!!
Double Layer Fudge
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4-5 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- a handful of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or your choice of dark chocolate chips
- extra sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add your coconut oil to a food processor. It doesn’t have to be melted so don’t you worry your little heart about melting it down!
- Then add your almond butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and honey and just a small pinch of salt.
- Mix all ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour half the ingredients into a bread pan and use a spoon to spread out evenly. It doesn’t matter what size bread pan you use. The smaller it is, the taller your fudge will be and vise versa.
- Place in freezer to harden.
- Then place food processor bowl back on the motor and add your cocoa powder. Add 1-2 tablespoons at a time, mixing as you go to make sure you don’t use too much.
- Once cocoa powder is incorporated in, add a pinch of salt, mix thoroughly, then pour your chocolate fudge on top of your now hardened light fudge.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and a bit of salt and place is freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into chunks.
- Eat the chunks.
- Store the leftover chunks in the fridge.
This serves either one person or a lot of people. You be the judge.
Question: Have you ever tried a Paleo meal or are you more of a clean eater/no heavy meat?